Wondering How To Find Wifi Password Android? If yes, then keep reading. Well, everyone has an android device in this era and we also know that they are mini computers which help us do number of functions to make our life easy. But It also lacks some functions like every other thing. One of them which we are going to talk about is Find Wifi Password Android.
Most often, we ask others to connect our devices to their portable wifi network and for safety they do it by themselves without telling us the Password. So if in case we want to connect our other device such as secondary phone or laptop device, we hesitate to ask them again. In other case, when we forget our own Portable Wifi Network Password and there is no other way to recover it. For solving such issues, we have this article for you.
Below, we are going to discuss some ways you can Find Wifi Password Android device with the help of some android applications. Also, we will discuss both Rooted and Non-Rooted method to solve the issue.
How To Find Wifi Password Android
Method 1: Find Wifi Password (Rooted Device)
In this method, first thing you need to make sure that your android device must have Root access. This method is more reliable and has 99% working possibility. So lets get straight into it.
ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is an android File Explorer application which provides user privileged to stored files. Moreover, you can take backup of application and data stored in your device. It also helps to recover deleted files from in-built recycle bin feature. You can read more about it on web.
We are going to use it in this article because it also helps to access system files with Root Access and that’s what going to help you recover wifi password on android. Follow the steps below carefully :-
- Download & Install ES File Explorer from Playstore.
- Open the application on your rooted android device.
- Tap the Menu button or slide from left to right.
- Tap on Root Explorer under Tools menu and give Root Access to the Application.
- Navigate to Device under Local Menu.
- Search and Open Data>misc>wifi.
- Now look for “xml” file and open it with ES Note Editor.
In that .xml file, you will find coding like below :-
<string name=”configKey”>"Network Name"WPA_PSK</String>
<string name=”SSID”> "Network Name"</String>
<string name=”PreSharedKey”> &
Here, Network Name = Name of the Wifi Network.
Password = Password of the Wifi Network
By, following this method you can easily recover the wifi password on android device. If you find this method complex then don’t worry, there is one more rooted method which we are going to discuss in next section.
Password Recovery App
As the name suggests, the app works the same work. There are bunch of application on the Playstore like this and almost everyone of them are working. Such applications helps you to save and share saved wifi network information such as IP address, Network security i.e WPA or WPS, Network Speed and Saved Wifi Password. One thing you need to make sure that these application strictly require Root access or SuperSu access to work properly. Follow the following steps to recover password :-
- Download and Install WIFI Password Recovery App from Playstore.
- Open the application and under Saved Wifi section “Root Permission Required” diaogue will Appear.
- Tap on that, a Root Access Prompt will pop-up on your android device, simply Allow root access to help app access your device’s system folder.
- Now, Turn on Wifi to help app search for near-by wifi networks and Saved wifi networks.
- On main screen you will find some Wifi network. Simply select the one which you want to recover the password.
- Now, app will take some time to collect required information from the device, let it proceed.
- A pop-up will show up on screen showing Network Name, Security and
Now, You can Copy the password by simply tapping on it. Share it among others through whatsapp or any other app. So this was the second and simplest way to recover wifi password on android device. In the next section we are going to mention a way to recover wifi password on Non-rooted device. Make sure to read that as well.
Method 3: Find Wifi Password (Non-Rooted Device)
So in this method we are going to discuss an easy and non-rooted method to recover wifi password on android. Make sure to have a Xiaomi device connected to the wifi network. It may not work, if you don’t have a Xiaomi device. Still you can give it a try.
You will need a QR code reader and wifi must be connected to the device. Now, do follow the steps :-
- Go to the Device’s Setting and Navigate to WIFI option.
- Turn ON the wifi and connect to the network whose password you want to recover.
- Once connected, click on “Tap to Share Password” under the connected wifi network.
- A QR Code will pop up.
- Take a Screenshot of the QR Code.
- Download a QR code Reader app from Playstore.
- Open the app and simply scan the QR code.
- Now tap on “Connect To Network” which will display on the bottom of the screen.
- There you are done!
So that was all for How To Find Wifi Password Android Devices with Rooted as well as Non-Rooted method. All the methods are personally tested by me and all of them worked fine. I want you to give them a try and let us know in the comment section if this article worth to you. Also, if you want to read more stuffs like this one, do SUBSCRIBE to our NEWSLETTER.